|Photo Credit: Stroller Adventures in SoCal|
Every year for the holiday season our family embarks on following through several traditions we have began with our kids, here is a list of what we do for the holidays:
- Take a picture with Santa. When our daughter was born we took her to visit Santa it was easy and a happy visit. The following year our visit was not as smooth, you see she didn't want to get close to Santa without me; so we ended up sitting in the picture with her and turned it into our tradition. We as a family take the picture with Santa and use the wallet size print in an ornament for our tree. It's fun to see how our kids have grown and how we have changed through out the years.
- Decorate a gingerbread house. Our family loves purchasing the kits at our local store and assembling the house and then the kids decorate it, we also use it as a centerpiece at our breakfast nook.
- San Diego Bay parade of lights. On our first holiday's as a married couple we visited Seaport Village and enjoyed a nice dinner and shopping day, we saw crowds were gathering along the bay to watch and enjoy the parade of decorated sail boats and yachts since then every year we enjoy a nice evening of shopping at Seaport Village and then get our hot cocoa and cookies from Seaport Cookie Co. to enjoy the parade.
- New Pj's on Christmas morning. Since our kids were born I have started a new tradition that every Christmas eve they wear a new set of warm pajamas. Our 6 year old knows this tradition well and now reminds me of her new pajamas. We like Gymboree's because of their great quality, soft material and very warm for any winter night.
- Christmas Circle. Less than 5 miles away in the heart of Chula Vista is Christmas Circle, a street that connects with another (Whitney/Mankato) between First and Second Ave. where all the houses are decorated for the holidays and the sidewalks are lit with colorful twinkle lights. We like to head over to Hans & Harry Bakery in Bonita and get our freshly baked gingerbread men and enjoy it with some hot cocoa wearing PJ's in our car while we tour Christmas Circle. Another fun thing to do at Christmas Circle is play "I Spy" with your kids. There is so much to see it is always exciting to take drive there.
- Cookies for Santa. On Christmas eve after dinner and dessert, we bake chocolate chip and sugar cookies for Santa. We place them on a plate next to a glass of ice cold milk with a little thank you note that our daughter writes for him. We also buy a bunch of carrots and leave them next to the cookies for the reindeer. Our daughter loves this tradition and always lets Santa know on her visit to the take a picture with him that his cookies will be waiting for him.
As you can see we have began traditions with our family that will last a lifetime of memories. We hope you enjoy this holiday season to the fullest.
What traditions does your family have for the holiday season? Please feel free to share with us.