PREP: 10 mins| COOK: 15 mins including soaking time| SERVES 5
10 saffron strands
200 grams dry weight couscous
1/2 cup golden raisins
2.5 cups boiling hot chicken or vegetable stock (I used 50/50)
FOR THE DRESSING:
4 tsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
juice of 2 lemons
3 tsp olive oil
6 strips of chicken breast tenders cut into little squares
1 cup corn kernels
4 tbsp pine nuts
12 cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
3 scallions, trimmed and chopped
fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish
PREPARATION AND COOKING:
- Put the Saffron, couscous and golden raisins in a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot stock. Stir once and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Brown the chicken strips on all sides in a preheated nonstick skillet over high heat for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the corn and pine nuts and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add to the skillet with the tomatoes, dressing and scallions. Heat for 1 minute or until warmed through, stirring gently.
- Spoon onto a plate, then top with the chicken slices and garnish with cilantro.
Calories Fat Sat Fat
380 11.7 g 2.5 g
BON APETIT! ENJOY WITH A GLASS OF ICED WATER AND A LEMON WEDGE!
I would upload pictures of mine, however I haven't yet figured out how to upload to the blog.